How do I respond when a disaster strikes?
My Action Items
Step 1: Make sure I am okay, capable, and ready to help others
Step 2: Check on my family members, attend to their injuries/needs
Step 3: Check on my neighbors: respond to their needs and care for their injuries
Step 4: Communicate significant injuries/needs to a CERT team member.
CERT Team Member Action Items
Step 1: Respond to the needs and care for the injuries of my neighbors
Step 2: Communicate significant injuries/needs to my CERT Team Leader
CERT Team Leader Action Items
Step 1: Gather information from CERT Team Members
Step 2: Communicate significant injuries/needs to Neighborhood Coordinator
Neighborhood Coordinator Action Items
Step 1: Gather information (injuries/needs) from CERT Team Leader and record information on Neighborhood Need report.
Step 2: Communicate significant injuries/needs to Area Coordinator
Area Coordinator Action Items
Step 1: Gather information (injuries/needs) from Neighborhood Coordinators
Step 2: Establish a Command Post, organize Command Post staff, and be prepared to receive and care for significant injuries/needs of people in Area 28 of Bountiful District 7
Step 3: Communicate significant injuries/needs to District Coordinator
Area Coordinator Action Items
Step 1: Gather information (injuries/needs) from Neighborhood Coordinators
Step 2: Establish a Command Post, organize Command Post staff, and be prepared to receive and care for significant injuries/needs of people in Area 28 of Bountiful District 7
Step 3: Communicate significant injuries/needs to District Coordinator
Additional Information
It helps me to think in terms of immediate needs. The first need is to care for physical injuries. CERT Team members have received training in basic first aid and are expected to care for and treat injuries and trauma issues. The next need may be food, water, shelter, and sanitation issues. I like to think in terms of what supplies and equipment I use when camping. I have provided a fairly exhaustive camping list here (camping supplies) and a less exhaustive list here (overnight camping supplies).
No comments:
Post a Comment